Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, is pleased to announce that 21 Specific Ministry Pastor Program (SMP) students received vicarage assignments in The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). The SMP vicarage assignments were announced during Concordia Seminary’s Opening Service on Aug. 31.
- Jordan Balk, Mt. Olive Lutheran, Weston, Wisconsin
- Thomas Boeck, Faith Lutheran, Marietta, Georgia
- Michael Cody, St. Paul Lutheran and Good Shepherd Lutheran, Wichita Falls and Iowa Park, Texas
- Eduardo Cuen, Trinity Lutheran, Norwalk, California
- Carl Eliason, Peace Lutheran, Grand Island, Nebraska
- James Haynes, Christ Lutheran, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Daniel Howard, Hope Lutheran, Warren, Michigan
- Jacob Hoyer, Holy Cross Lutheran, Lake Mary, Florida
- Mark Jennings, Our Savior Lutheran, Bellflower, California
- Christopher Johnson, Holy Cross Lutheran, Lake Mary, Florida
- Bradley Jurischk, St. Timothy Lutheran, Houston, Texas
- Paul Knickelbein, Cross & Resurrection Lutheran, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Douglas Mauss, Family of Christ Lutheran, Monument, Colorado
- Morris Mayer, Village Lutheran, Bronxville, New York
- Kevin Mongeau, St. Paul’s Lutheran, Hartford, Connecticut
- German Novelli, Jr., Grace Lutheran, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Kurt Steinbrueck, Family of Christ Lutheran, Tampa, Florida
- William Whitehead, Family of Christ Lutheran, Tampa, Florida
- Thomas Winters, Concordia Lutheran, San Antonio, Texas
- David Witte, Grace Lutheran, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Adam Woldt, King of Kings Lutheran, Omaha, Nebraska
The SMP program is designed to meet the needs of the church for pastors in mission and ministry opportunities where a pastor with a seminary degree may not be available. In order to be eligible for the SMP program men must be serving in a ministry of a Lutheran congregation which desires their service as a pastor. They must be nominated for the program by their District President. Based upon this nomination, and their previous ministry experiences, the men begin their academic work as concurrent-deferred vicars.
For more information, contact creative services, Concordia Seminary, 801 Seminary Place, St. Louis, MO 63105; 314-505-7379; firstname.lastname@example.org.