Twenty-four new students in the Specific Ministry Pastor Program (SMP) received their vicarage assignments during the Opening Service of the Academic Year on Friday, Sept. 6, at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis.
- Paul Albers, Rocky Mountain District – LCMS, Aurora, Colo.
- Martin Albrecht, Faith Lutheran, Topeka, Kan.
- Doyle Wayne Boykin, Prince of Peace Lutheran, Cedar Crest, N.M.
- Phillip Chaffee, Family of Christ Lutheran, Comstock Park, Mich.
- Sean Chapman, Divine Shepherd Lutheran, Omaha, Neb.
- William Clark, Gloria Dei Lutheran, Urbandale, Iowa
- Michael Curtis, Trinity Lutheran, Lisle, Ill.
- Thomas Cusanelli, St. Luke Lutheran, Dix Hills, N.Y.
- Craig Furry, Our Savior Lutheran, Albuquerque, N.M.
- David Gieseking, Living Water Lutheran, Mexico Beach, Fla.
- Steven Gillmore, First Lutheran, Neosho, Mo.
- Richard Grunewald, Faith Lutheran, Troy, Mich.
- John Thomas Kral, Shepherd’s Gate Lutheran, Shelby Township, Mich.
- Gregg McCaslin, Concordia Lutheran, Lakewood, Colo.
- Timothy McNutt, St. Paul’s Lutheran, Mechanicsville, Md.
- Daniel Petrak, Gloria Dei Lutheran, Urbandale, Iowa
- Jon Richter, Greenwood Lutheran, Greenwood, S.C.
- William Roberts, St. Augustine Ev. Lutheran, Troy, Mich.
- Andrew Shaw, Cross Lutheran, Yorkville, Ill.
- Matthew Starner, Journey of Faith Lutheran, Bryon Center, Mich.
- Steven Struecker, Immanuel Lutheran/Zion Lutheran, Livermore/Lu Verne, Iowa
- David Reed Thompson, Our Savior Lutheran, McKinney, Texas
- Timothy Wendelin, Bethlehem Lutheran, Lakewood, Colo.
- Richard Williams, Zion Lutheran, Ashland, Wis.
The SMP program is designed to meet the needs of the church for pastors in mission and ministry opportunities where a pastor with a seminary degree may not be available. In order to be eligible for the SMP program men must be serving in a ministry of a Lutheran congregation which desires their service as a pastor. They must be nominated for the program by their District President. Based upon this nomination, and their previous ministry experiences, the men begin their academic work as concurrent-deferred vicars.
For more information, contact creative services, Concordia Seminary, 801 Seminary Place, St. Louis, MO 63105; 314-505-7379; firstname.lastname@example.org.