Eight students in the Specific Ministry Pastor Program (SMP) received their first calls during morning chapel on Friday, April 11, at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis. One call is still pending. LCMS President Matthew Harrison was in attendance and participated in the call service.
- William Brimer, SoulThirst Lutheran, Coppell, Texas
- Jeff Hesterman, Messiah Lutheran, Prattville, Ala.
- Peter Imlah, St. John’s Lutheran, Lombard, Ill.
- Daniel “Pat” Kane, Zion Lutheran, Hiawatha, Iowa
- Chad Kirchoff, Peace Lutheran, Hutchinson, Minn.
- William Ohlmann, Trinity Lutheran, Lexington, Neb.
- Michael Omtvedt, Hosanna Lutheran, Mankato, Minn.
- David Roskowic, Call pending
- Marcos Segovia, Fountain of Life Lutheran, Kernersville, N.C.
The SMP program is designed to meet the needs of the church for pastors in mission and ministry opportunities where a pastor with a seminary degree may not be available. In order to be eligible for the SMP program men must be serving in a ministry of a Lutheran congregation which desires their service as a pastor. They must be nominated for the program by their District President. Based upon this nomination, and their previous ministry experiences, the men begin their academic work as concurrent-deferred vicars.
For more information, contact creative services, Concordia Seminary, 801 Seminary Place, St. Louis, MO 63105; 314-505-7379; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attached Photo: Front Row, from left: Peter Imlah, Jeff Hesterman, Michael Omtvedt, Rev. Dr. Matthew Harrison; second row, Rev. Dr. Timothy Dost, Chad Kirchoff, William Ohlmann, Rev. Dr. David Wollenburg, Rev. Dr. Timothy Saleska; third row, Rev. Wayne Knolhoff, William Brimer, Daniel “Pat” Kane, Marcos Segovia, David Roscowic, Rev. Dr. Dale Meyer