Concordia Seminary, St. Louis recognized significant ordination and commissioning anniversaries of six faculty, eight emeriti faculty and two staff members during chapel Dec. 7. Together, the men have served 605 years.
Each person was recognized individually and prayers of thanksgiving were offered for their service to the church.
Concordia Seminary Provost Dr. Jeff Kloha called the honorees trustworthy stewards. “This is how one should regard us, that is those who are in the apostolic ministry, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God,” said Kloha, quoting 1 Cor. 4:1. “We thank God that He has provided these servants of Christ and these stewards of the Gospel.”
A reception was held following the chapel service to thank the men for their service.
The following Concordia Seminary faculty were recognized:
- Dr. Andrew Bartelt — 40 years
- Dr. Kent Burreson — 20 years,/li>
- Dr. Richard Marrs — 15 years
- Dr. Joel Okamoto — 20 years
- Dr. Paul Robinson —25 years
- Rev. Kou Seying — 25 years
The following emeriti faculty were recognized:
- Dr. Andy Bacon— 40 years
- Dr. Juan Berndt — 65 years
- Dr. Douglas Groll — 50 years
- Dr. Robert Rosin — 35 years
- Dr. Paul Schrieber — 40 years
- Dr. David Wollenburg — 45 years
- Rev. Leroy Vogel — 55 years
- Dr. Richard Warneck — 55 years
The following staff members were recognized:
- Richard Jostes — 35 years
- Dr. Paul Sieveking — 40 years
About Concordia Seminary
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis provides Gospel-centered graduate-level theological education for pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars and other leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). To learn more, visit www.csl.edu.