Concordia Seminary serves church and world
by providing theological education and leadership
centered in the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ
for the formation of pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars, and leaders
in the name of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
Concordia Seminary was founded in 1839 in Perry County, Missouri, by a group of emigrants from Germany. In 1849 the preparatory division and the school of theology of the young institution were moved to St. Louis and relocated on a site at South Jefferson Avenue and Winnebago Street. The preparatory division was moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana, in 1861. In 1926 the campus was moved to its present 72-acre site in suburban Clayton. Since its inception, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, has provided more than 12,000 professional workers in the church.
Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and the following degree programs are approved: MDiv, MA in Deaconess Studies, MA (Religion), DMin, STM, PhD. Approved for a Comprehensive Distance Education Program.
The Commission contact information is:
Concordia Seminary is an accredited member of The Higher Learning Commission, participating in the Academic Quality Improvement Program Pathway.
Concordia Seminary participates in NC-SARA, the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.