Application forms are available from the Admissions Office or you can download the Deaconess Studies Application (PDF). The application deadline is March 31. An application is not complete until it includes all of the following:
- Background check (“Protect My Ministry” background check initiated through Admissions)
- $50 fee
- Official transcripts (note: if you have not finished college, we still need a preliminary transcript but also the final transcript after completion.)
- Pastor’s letter of recommendation
- District Interview Committee (or equivalent) report
- GRE scores
- CUS president’s recommendation or other academic reference
- Current photograph.
Students for whom English is a second language also must submit an official report of TOEFL scores and a brief theological essay in English. The ordinary minimum overall TOEFL score (computer-based test) is 200. Applicants whose competency in English is weak may be required to do extra work in this area before beginning studies in the program.
Completed FAFSA forms must be updated and all Financial Aid forms filed by April 5. For additional information click HERE.