A revised Master of Divinity curriculum has been developed for Concordia Seminary, St. Louis that will take effect in the 2017-18 academic year. The updated Master of Divinity (M.Div.) curriculum will better prepare pastors to lead congregations in the 21st century.
- The new curriculum enhances study of the Scriptures in their original languages and in the Lutheran Confessions as they define our confession of the faith in a new generation.
- The new curriculum provides a holistic formation program for students that addresses their relational, personal and spiritual growth alongside rigorous theological formation and practical training.
- In addition to the residential field education and vicarage learning experiences, new service learning components offer students opportunities to connect classroom learning directly to congregational settings.
- The new curriculum provides for greater electivity in the classic theological disciplines.
- A more effective biblical language acquisition learning program is integrated across the curriculum that ensures that students leave Concordia Seminary well-equipped to use the languages in their study, preaching and teaching of the Scriptures.
- For Concordia University System (CUS) students who have completed Greek and Hebrew, the new curriculum gives credit for their academic studies, a less expensive overall program and advanced standing for key course offerings.
Download PDF on the Curriculum Revision and Semester Conversion.