Area Housing Resource List for accepted applicants and current students
Password required; can be obtained by contacting the Residential Services Office at 314-505-7324. Please note the information included in this document is not an endorsement of, nor recommendation for, the properties listed. Residential Services is no longer accepting submission requests for this service; however, we will keep current listings active through August 2016.
For more information on Relocating to St. Louis or area rental agencies and realtors, please visit our Relocation Information page and check out the Relocation Guide.
Items to keep in mind when considering off-campus housing
- Physically inspect the apartment unit/complex. Do not rent an apartment based solely on an ad.
- If renting or purchasing an older property be sure to check for the following:
- Lead paint
- 3 prong outlets
- Heating/cooling system
- Windows (units that are not well insulated will greatly impact your monthly utility expenses).
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages associate with what level apartment unit you desire to live on (i.e. ground floor verses second floor).
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of living in an apartment complex (i.e. barking dogs, etc..)
- Carefully read over the terms of a lease prior to signing on the dotted line.
- Confirm that the landlord/property management company is responsible for lawn care and/or snow removal.
- Check basement/storage areas of apartment complex to ensure there is not a musty/mildew smell which often can be an indication of moisture/foundation leaks etc.
- Renter’s insurance is always recommended.