Jesus rested from His work … and our pastors need rest, too, from time to time. Concordia Seminary invites LCMS pastors to take part in its Pastor Sabbatical Week, which is a time for much-needed renewal and rejuvenation for weary servants of the Lord. Spend the week experiencing fellowship, studying the Word, or focusing on personal reflection and self-care. Our Pastor Sabbatical program includes these opportunities:
- Attend classes of your choosing
- Worship in chapel
- Enjoy a one-on-one luncheon with members of the faculty
- Access to our library resources, including one of the largest Lutheran reference and rare book collections in existence
- Time to develop a sermon series, worship planning, or just read a book
- Participate in campus activities
- Enjoy the parks, museums, and cultural activities near campus
Participants also may request the opportunity to preach at chapel during the week they are on campus. Such requests will be accommodated if possible.
Nov. 13-17, 2017
Apply online: Aug. 7-21, 2017
Applicants notified: Sept. 1, 2017
Jan. 29-Feb. 2, 2018
Apply online: Oct. 23-Nov. 6, 2017
Applicants notified: Nov. 17, 2017
There is no cost to the pastor participating in the program. Updated dormitory housing and a meal plan will be provided. However, if you wish to bring your wife, there will be an additional cost of $72. Applications are required, and participation is limited to a maximum of three pastors per program.
During the application periods for each session an “apply online” link will be activated. Please check back to apply during the sabbatical dates noted on this page. Please wait to make travel arrangements until your participation is confirmed.
Click here to apply for Nov. 13-17, 2017 Pastor Sabbatical.
For more information, call 314-505-7012.