Each LCMS district has an appointed alumni representative who serves as a point of contact for the dissemination of information between alumni in the district and the Seminary. In this volunteer activity, limits of time and resources are respected. Freedom and flexibility are assumed. Alumni district representatives are selected based on recommendations from members of the Alumni Council, alumni, Seminary staff, church leaders and on known support for the Seminary. The alumni district representative is a leader, a communicator and a supporter of the Seminary.
The alumni district representative will:
- Assist in the promotion of the Seminary and its mission for the Church.
- Bring information about the Seminary to individuals and groups, provide information about conferences and gatherings to the Seminary advancement office and communicate with the Seminary on matters affecting the institution.
- Receive, set up and oversee a Seminary display at certain district gatherings.
- Have Seminary brochures and other information available for distribution.
- Assist with recruitment events.
- Encourage church workers and laity to participate in continuing education at the Seminary.
- Encourage the inclusion of at least one article annually featuring the Seminary in the district newspaper/e-publication.
- Stay current on Seminary news and information.
Current District Representatives
Check back soon!