In order that Concordia Seminary might “listen” more effectively, an Alumni Council was created. Alumni Council members are appointed by the Seminary president and represent a wide range of graduation years. They meet twice per year on the Seminary campus and serve as a link between the Seminary and alumni, assist in planning alumni functions and advise the president and director of alumni relations.
The districts of the LCMS have been divided into nine geographical regions, based on the number of alumni and congregations in each. The regions are as follows:
- Region 1: Montana, Northwest, Wyoming
- Region 2: California-Nevada-Hawaii, Pacific Southwest
- Region 3: Iowa East & West, Kansas, Nebraska, North and South Dakota
- Region 4: Oklahoma, Rocky Mountain, Texas
- Region 5: Minnesota North & South, North & South Wisconsin
- Region 6: Missouri & all Illinois districts
- Region 7: Indiana, Michigan, Ohio
- Region 8: Florida-Georgia, Mid-South, Southern
- Region 9: Atlantic, Eastern, New England, New Jersey, Southeastern
Note: Alumni in the English and SELC districts are considered as members of the geographical areas in which they reside.
The Alumni Council also includes one alumnus from the Center for Hispanic Studies, one alumnus from the Ethnic Immigrant Institute of Technology, and one deaconess.
Duties and Functions
The Alumni Council:
- Serves as representative “voice” of alumni to the president of the Seminary.
- Serves as a link between the Seminary and alumni for the purposes of recruitment and development.
- Assists in planning alumni gatherings and other related activities.
- Meets twice annually on the Seminary campus to plan and discuss items relating to alumni programs, recruitment and other Seminary projects.
- Serves constituent alumni in the various regions/special ministries as opportunity arises.
Current members of the Alumni Council are:
|Region 1 (Term expires 2016)
Rev. Michael Warmbier (1985)
Cornelius, OR 97113
|Region 2 (Term expires 2017)
Rev. Steven De Santo (2008)
Shepherd of the Pines Lutheran Church
Payson, AZ 85541
|Region 3 (Term expires 2018)
Rev. Scott Snow (1983)
Wichita, KS, 67206
|Region 4 (Term expires 2018)
Rev. Dr. William Knippa (1973) (Chairman)
Austin, TX 78739
|Region 6 (Term expires 2016)
Rev. Robert Donovan (1996)
Chicago, IL 60614
|Region 7 (Term expires 2017)
Rev. Kevin Jones (1988)
Immanuel Lutheran Church
Bay City, MI 48708
|Region 8 (Term expires 2017)
Rev. John Gierke (1996)
Conway, AR 72034
|Region 9 (Term expires 2018)
Rev. Ingo Dutzmann (1980)
Boston, MA 02116
|Center for Hispanic Studies (Term expires 2017)
Rev. Eloy González (2001)
Our Redeemer Lutheran Church
Irving, TX 75062
|Deaconess (Term expires 2017)
Dcs. Kristina Paul (2011)
Salem Lutheran Church and School
St. Louis, MO 63123
|Ethnic Immigrant Institute of Theology
|Senior Coordinator of Alumni and Congregation Relations
St. Louis, MO 63105