Centered in the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Concordia Seminary Life Team equips our seminary community and others to affirm life.
We are a student-led, faculty advised team, with this 4-part Mission Statement:
- Centered in the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: this acknowledges the Gospel as the “why, what and how” of our work,
- the Concordia Seminary Life Team equips: our strategy is to “fit for service” through a variety of means, including teaching, example, encouragement, help, assistance and the like,
- our seminary community and others: as a part of our seminary community, it is the focus of our influence, which will radiate outward into congregations and world,
- to affirm life: the goal is a positive, holistic ministry posture, employing peoples’ time, talents, and treasures in the broad arena of sanctity of human life concerns.”
Honor, Serve, and Cherish Them: Ministry With and To the Elderly
- Date: Saturday, April 20, 2013
- Room: Sieck 202
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- There is no cost and light refreshments will be provided.
The goal of the seminar is to equip lay leaders and pastors to minister to and with the elderly. Four experts in this field will conduct sessions on: “Scripture Reflection: Thinking about the Aged the Way God Does;” “The Realities of Aging in America;” “Models for Ministering To and With the Elderly;” and “Practical Nuts and Bolts.” Presenters will include Dr. Jeffrey Oschwald, associate professor of New Testament at Concordia Seminary; Rev. Jeffrey Scheer, administrator of Clinical Pastoral Education at Lutheran Senior Services; Rev. Jake Bennett, Chaplain at Friendship Village Retirement Center, Chesterfield, MO; and Rev. Vern Gundermann, veteran parish pastor and administrator of pastoral care for Lutheran Senior Services.
Pre-registration is appreciated but not required. To register, please email your name, phone number, and number of people attending to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 314-505-7286.
- Date: Second Saturday of each month
- Room: Wyneken 101
- Time: 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
- President – Dan Maske
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Secretary – Amy Riley
- Advisor – Rev. Doug Merkey
- Faculty Sponsors – Dr. Jeff and Renee Gibbs
For more information contact us at email@example.com.