St. Louis – A new CD under the label Bach at the Sem was released in December by The American Kantorei, under the direction of Robert Bergt, music director and conductor, and artist-in-residence at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis. The CD is a reproduction of the KFUO-FM Classic 99 broadcast of the live concert on Feb. 19, 2006, performed in Concordia Seminary’s Chapel of St. Timothy and St. Titus. Ron Klemm is the host narrator and producer of the broadcast.
Selections on the CD include:
- “Open the Gates of Righteousness For Me,” a Cantata by Dietrich Buxtehude; featuring vocalists Katharine Lawton Brown, Jeral Becker and David Berger.
- Bach’s Concerto for Two Violins in D Minor, featuring violinists Wanda Becker and Kaoru Wada.
- Motets by Hassler, Sweelinck, Schein and Pachelbel, performed by The American Kantorei chorus.
- Preludes and free organ works by Bach, Buxtehude and Sweelinck, performed by organist Dennis Bergin.
- A warm message of purpose and gratitude to all who support the concert series with attendance and gifts, presented by Dr. Dale A. Meyer, president of Concordia Seminary.
The recording of the CD was made possible by a generous gift to Concordia Seminary from Robert and Lori Duesenberg.
The CD will be available for purchase for $10 at upcoming Bach at the Sem concerts on Feb. 11 and April 1. To order the CD or other previous recordings of Bach at the Sem, contact the Seminary bookstore at (314) 505-7315 or email@example.com .