Opening Service for the 183rd academic year will be held at 10 a.m. CT Friday, Aug. 27, in the Chapel of St. Timothy and St. Titus. The public is invited to attend. The service also will be live streamed at csl.edu/live.
Included in the service will be:
- The installation of Dr. Thomas J. Egger as the Seminary’s 11th president
- The installations of new faculty members: Dr. Ely Prieto, associate professor of Practical Theology, and Dr. Kevin Golden as associate professor of Exegetical Theology
- The installations of existing faculty and staff in new positions: Dr. Joel Elowsky as dean of Advanced Studies, Dr. Erik Herrmann as dean of Theological Research and Publication, Dr. David Lewis as director of the Master of Divinity and Residential Alternate Route Programs, Deaconess Rebekah Lukas as communications specialist and Dr. Glenn Nielsen as director of certification
- Recognition of new staff members and new positions for existing faculty and staff members
- The assignment of vicarages and internships for new distance students
- Recognition of Regent and Presidential award recipients
- Welcome and blessing of all new students
During the morning’s Opening Service, ordained members of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS) are invited to participate in the celebratory event by vesting with red stoles and joining the processional.
Reminder: Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, even those who are vaccinated, should avoid coming to campus, and are encouraged to get tested as soon as possible. People who are vaccinated are not required to wear facial coverings while on campus.