Shepherds of God’s Flock: An event for prospective seminarians
Jan. 5, 2017
Designed for those in college or older who are considering becoming a seminarian, Shepherds of God’s Flock focuses on the spiritual and personal aspects of the decision-making process. Wives, fiancées, and girlfriends also are encouraged to attend. Please bring a Bible.
Perhaps you have considered the possibility of serving as a “shepherd of God’s flock” — a pastor, missionary, or chaplain — but you have questions such as:
- How can I know for sure whether or not I should be a pastor?
- What are the joys and challenges of being a pastor?
- What does the Bible say about pastors?
Concordia Seminary invites you to explore these questions and more in a relaxed, retreat-like atmosphere on the Seminary campus, as you:
- Talk with current Seminary students about their decisions to prepare for being shepherds of God’s flock
- Mine the depths of the Scriptures concerning this office
- Worship with the Seminary community in chapel
- Talk with other retreat guests from around the country who are contemplating such service
- Participants are also encouraged to stay through Friday, to attend Green and Gold Days, allowing for time to sit in on Seminary classes.
Registration and travel
There is no registration fee. Housing and meals during the event will be provided at no cost to participants. Registration deadline is Jan. 5. If arriving by air, bus, or train, please provide your full itinerary as we do provide complimentary shuttling from the airport, and from bus and train terminals.
Register online here, or mail a completed registration form to:
801 Seminary Place
St. Louis, MO 63105
|7:30 a.m.||Breakfast and check-in|
|8:30 a.m.||Scripture study I|
|9:55 a.m.||Coffee — Wartburg Hall|
|1 p.m.||Panels of St. Louis area pastors, missionaries, and chaplains|
|2 p.m.||Confessions study I|
|3:15 p.m.||Confessions study II|
|5 p.m.||Dinner with faculty — Wartburg Hall|
|7 p.m.||Panel of Seminary students|