An endowed chair is one of the highest academic honors that a college, university or seminary can bestow upon a faculty member. It reflects the donor’s desire to continue to see excellence in teaching and research in a specific area. An endowed chair also is an enduring tribute to the donor who establishes it and to the person or people who they have chosen to honor.
We are deeply grateful for the generosity of the donors who have endowed faculty chairs. Their support of theological scholarship helps to empower Concordia Seminary, St. Louis to meet the needs of students, church and world.
- Director of the Center for the Care of Creation, Center for Care of Creation
- Professor of Systematic Theology, Systematic Theology
- Dean of Theological Research and Publication, Theological Research and Publication
- Eugene E. and Nell S. Fincke Graduate Professor of Theology, Systematic Theology
- Associate Professor of Systematic Theology, Systematic Theology
- Chairman of the Department of Systematic Theology, Systematic Theology
- Waldemar and Mary Griesbach Professor of Systematic Theology, Systematic Theology
- Interim Chief Academic Officer, Office of the Provost