Jul 21, 2003 Print This Article

Rev. Kyle Castens Joins Concordia Seminary Staff

Rev. Kyle D. Castens has accepted the call extended him by Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, to serve in the Seminary’s Office of Admission and Ministerial Recruitment as admissions counselor. Prior to accepting the call, Rev. Castens served as associate pastor of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Everett, Wash., and of Chapel on the Hill Lutheran Church in Granite Falls, Wash.

In this position, he will assist the Seminary and the church in the effort to identify, inform and encourage appropriate candidates for the Office of the Holy Ministry. Rev. Castens joins Rev. Michael Redeker, director of ministerial recruitment, and Dr. Wallace Becker, associate director of ministerial recruitment, in the Office of Admission and Ministerial Recruitment.

Rev. Castens received his bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Ill., and his master of divinity degree from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis (2000).

“I look forward to beginning my time at Concordia Seminary,” commented Castens. “I pray that the Lord will guide and use me to the best of my God-given abilities to serve Him in this particular area of His harvest.”

Rev. Castens will begin his new responsibilities on Aug. 8. He and his wife, Jennifer, have one son, Daniel.