Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, is pleased to announce that two students received calls to be pastors and 11 students received vicarage assignments in The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). Ten students in the Ethnic Immigrant Institute of Theology (EIIT) program and one student in the Distance Education Leading to Ordination (DELTO) program are awaiting calls. In these cases, the details of calls to specific sites are being finalized and should be completed soon. Great care is exercised in both the candidate call and the vicarage placement processes to ensure that the best possible match is realized between the seminarian and the ministry site. The assignments were given during the Seminary’s morning chapel service on Oct. 22.
Calls into the Pastoral Ministry
Master of Divinity Degree Program
- Michael Hanel, Zion Lutheran Church, Cincinnati, Ohio, Ohio District
- Daniel Flynn, St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Michigan District, call pending
- Gemedo Adema, call pending
- Elamin Baggor, call pending
- Matthew Both, call pending
- Bafel Deng, call pending
- Simon Dup, call pending
- Asaph James, East Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Detroit, Michigan, Michigan District
- George Jock, call pending
- Ebenezer Mallepalle, call pending
- Elijah Ndon, call pending
- Lumembo Tshiswaka, call pending
- Lang Yang, call pending
Master of Divinity Degree Program
- Bradley Malone, Timothy Lutheran Church, Council Bluff, Iowa, Iowa West District
- Samuel Powell, Trinity Lutheran Church, Howards Grove, Wisconsin, South Wisconsin District
- Gabriel Bol, Trinity Lutheran Church, Lincoln, Nebraska, Nebraska District
- Joseph Davis, Bethany Lutheran Church, Alexandria, Virginia, Southeastern District
- John Orlando Flahn, New Hope Lutheran Church, Laurel, Maryland, Southeastern District
- Guy Kasongo, Benediction Lutheran Church, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, South Wisconsin District
- Will Main, Lutheran Association of Missionaries and Pilots, Lawrence, Kansas, Kansas District
- Rudy McCloud, Lutheran City Ministries, Detroit, Michigan, Michigan District
- Vincent Paul, Trinity Lutheran Church, Lincoln, Nebraska, Nebraska District
- Mohan Singh, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, Schenectady, New York, Atlantic District
- Isaac Williams, Grace International, Robbinsdale, Minnesota, Minnesota South District
The master of divinity degree (M.Div.) program is the academic degree program in which most students who desire to be pastors, missionaries or chaplains in The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) enroll. It is a four-year program, including a one-year vicarage (internship).
Ethnic Immigrant Institute of Theology (EIIT) is a specialized program leading to ordination for men engaged in pastoral missionary contexts in ethnic immigrant and urban cultures. Students are preferably first-generation immigrants leading immigrant-based churches. The program consists of distance education, contextual mentoring and regular on-campus (Seminary) modules.
These students join more than 12,000 graduates from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, who have been prepared to serve as pastors, missionaries and chaplains in the LCMS. The Seminary’s spring placement is scheduled for April 22, 2009.
For more information, contact Communications, Concordia Seminary, 801 Seminary Place, St. Louis, MO 63105; 314-505-7374; email@example.com.