Jun 15, 2016 Print This Article

LCMS presidential election results announced

Seminary president issues statement

Results of the June 11-14 election for president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) were announced today by the LCMS Secretary and Election-America.

Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, with 56.96 percent of the vote (3,507 votes), is the president-elect of the LCMS for a third term. Concordia Seminary President Dr. Dale A. Meyer received 36.66 percent (2,257 votes) and Dr. David P.E. Maier, president of the LCMS Michigan District, received 6.38 percent (393 votes).

After receiving the election results, Meyer issued the following statement:

“I love Concordia Seminary, more than I can put into words, and that’s because I love our church. Our congregations with their pastors, teachers and all church workers are the vital centers for the mission of our Lord Jesus to coming generations. That’s why I pray God’s guidance and wisdom upon President Harrison as he leads the church in the coming triennium. Concordia Seminary is blessed by God with an outstanding faculty, staff and students and it will be my joy to continue to work with them. In Seminary and church, our focus and mission is passionately on Jesus Christ, for now and for eternity.”

About Concordia Seminary
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis provides Gospel-centered graduate-level theological education for pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars and other leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). To learn more, visit www.csl.edu.