We celebrated the Seminary’s Founder’s Day Dec. 9.
Concordia Seminary’s original one-room log cabin was first opened to students on Dec. 9, 1839, in Perry County, Mo. It initially included 11 students, seven boys, four girls and four instructors.
Eventually, the school became a preparatory institution for the Holy Ministry. We praise God for the Seminary and pray His blessings in our mission to prepare students to become pastors and deaconesses in His church (information from Log Cabin to Luther Tower by Carl S. Meyer, Concordia Publishing House, 1965).
Learn more about the Seminary’s history here.