Concordia Seminary Newsroom
Laudamus fall 2018 concert tour announced
Stops planned in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana
Laudamus, a select choir of seminarians preparing for service as Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) pastors, will perform at five LCMS churches and three universities in three states in October as part of its fall tour. Under the direction of Dr. James Marriott, the Seminary’s director of musical arts and Kreft Chair for Music Arts, the choir delights in proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through music.
Each year, the choir schedules tours to LCMS schools, universities and churches throughout the country, singing an eclectic program representing the church’s song from many different genres.
The Laudamus fall 2018 tour itinerary includes:
- Friday, Oct. 12, 7 p.m. concert, Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, Springfield, Ill.
- Saturday, Oct. 13, 6 p.m. service and 7:30 p.m. concert, Zion Lutheran Church, Marengo, Ill.
- Sunday, Oct. 14, 9 a.m. service and 10:30 a.m. mini-concert, Immanuel Lutheran Church, Des Plaines, Ill.
- Sunday, Oct. 14, 3:30 p.m. concert, Trinity Lutheran Church, Lisle, Ill.
- Monday, Oct. 15, 11 a.m. chapel, Concordia University Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- Monday, Oct. 15, 7 p.m. concert, First Immanuel Lutheran Church, Cedarburg, Wis.
- Tuesday, Oct. 16, 9:30 a.m. chapel, Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon, Wis.
- Tuesday, Oct. 16, 7:30 p.m. concert, Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Ind.
A member of the Seminary’s admissions team will be available at each performance to talk with prospective students and anyone interested in church work opportunities and answer questions about the Seminary. The Laudamus spring 2019 tour will take place throughout Michigan. The dates will be listed here as soon as they are available.
The concerts are free and open to the public. Freewill offerings will be collected to support the musical arts programs at the Seminary.
To learn more about Laudamus and the fall tour, visit www.csl.edu/campus-life/music-arts/laudamus/.
About Concordia Seminary
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis provides Gospel-centered graduate-level theological education for pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars and other leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). To learn more, visit www.csl.edu.