Laudamus, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis’ select choir of seminarians, will perform for audiences across Michigan and Indiana as part of its spring 2019 tour.
“This tour promises to be one-of-a-kind,” said Director of Musical Arts Dr. James Marriott. “The title of this year’s tour is, ‘Christ, Mighty Savior,’ based on the lovely and rather new evening hymn included in the Lutheran Service Book.”
The choir’s tour and arrangement of music tells the story of Christ and the work of the church in the world. The choir will perform pieces by Dan Forrest, Moses Hogan, Morten Lauridsen and Randall Thompson.
The choir currently plans to visit one seminary, six churches and one senior living facility throughout Indiana and Michigan. Additional stops may be added along the way.
The Laudamus spring 2019 tour itinerary includes:
- Friday, March 15, 7 p.m. Cornerstone Lutheran Church, Fishers, Ind.
- Saturday, March 16, 10:30 a.m. Lutheran Life Villages, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Saturday, March 16, 5:30 p.m. Trinity Lutheran Church, Utica, Mich.
- Sunday, March 17, 8 a.m. Immanuel Lutheran Church, Macomb, Mich.
- Sunday, March 17, 11 a.m. St. John Lutheran Church, Rochester, Mich.
- Sunday, March 17, 3 p.m. Historic Trinity Lutheran Church, Detroit, Mich.
- Monday, March 18, 7 p.m. Peace Lutheran Church, Saginaw, Mich.
- Tuesday, March 19, 7 p.m. Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Wednesday, March 20, 10 a.m. Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Sunday, March 24, 3 p.m. Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Collinsville, Ill.
A representative of the Seminary’s admissions team will be available at each performance to talk with prospective students and anyone interested in learning more about church work and the Seminary. Laudamus fall 2019 tour dates will be announced when they become available.
The concerts are free and open to the public. Freewill offerings will be collected to support musical arts programs at the Seminary.
This is the second tour for Laudamus this academic year; the choir performed eight concerts in Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana in the fall.
To learn more about Laudamus and the spring tour, visit www.csl.edu/laudamus.
About Concordia Seminary
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis provides Gospel-centered graduate-level theological education for pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars and other leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). To learn more, visit www.csl.edu.