With combined service equaling nearly a half a millennium, the significant ordination and commissioning anniversaries of seven faculty, four emeriti faculty and two staff members were recognized during chapel Dec. 5. In total, the men have served a combined 445 years.
Each person was recognized individually, followed by a time of prayer, thanksgiving and celebration.
Concordia Seminary President Dr. Dale A. Meyer expressed his heartfelt gratitude to the men, saying, “Your continuing ministries are helping us all on the heavenward way. Thank you and to God be the glory.”
A reception was held following the chapel service to thank the men for their service to the church.
The following Concordia Seminary faculty were recognized:
- Dr. David Maxwell — 15 years
- Dr. Leopoldo A. Sánchez M. — 15 years
- Rev. David Lewis — 20 years
- Dr. Mark Rockenbach — 20 years
- Dr. Jeffrey Oschwald — 30 years
- Dr. David Peter — 30 years
- Dr. W. Mart Thompson — 30 years
The following emeriti faculty were recognized:
- Rev. William Carr — 35 years
- Mr. David Berger — 55 years
- Dr. Horace Hummel — 65 years
- Rev. Francis Rossow — 70 years
The following staff members were recognized:
- Dr. Travis Scholl — 10 years
- Dr. Daniel Mattson — 50 years
About Concordia Seminary
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis provides Gospel-centered graduate-level theological education for pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars and other leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). To learn more, visit www.csl.edu.