Oct 29, 2019 Print This Article

Winter Lay Bible Institute set for Feb. 8

One-day seminar explores David’s poetic writings in Psalms

“David and the Psalms” is the focus of Concordia Seminary’s Feb. 8 Winter Lay Bible Institute, led by Professor of Exegetical Theology and Dean of Ministerial Formation Dr. Timothy Saleska.

Participants will reflect on the truths expressed in the Psalms – and will receive concrete suggestions to help them in their devotional practice.

“I’m often asked why I love the Psalms,” Saleska said. “As I listen to the beautiful language of the Psalms and contemplate the powerful images that they paint, they give me a deep insight into God’s grace as I have received it in my Savior, Jesus.”

Open to lay people, students, pastors and others interested in the proclamation of the Gospel, the one-day workshop will be held 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Sieck Hall 202 on campus, 801 Seminary Place, St. Louis, MO 63105. The registration deadline is Jan. 24, 2020. Cost is $20 per person.

The Lay Bible Institute, offered three times a year by Concordia Seminary faculty members, is an ongoing study of the Bible and how it relates to today’s life and events.

For more information or to register, visit  csl.edu/lbi or contact Continuing Education at 314-505-7286 or [email protected].

About Concordia Seminary

Concordia Seminary, St. Louis provides Gospel-centered graduate-level theological education for pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars and other leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS). To learn more, visit csl.edu.