During the May 15 Board of Regents meeting, the following decisions were made regarding faculty promotions and sabbaticals:
- Emeritus status was granted to two retiring professors, Dr. Andrew Bartelt, formerly the Gustav and Sophie Butterbach Professor of Exegetical Theology, and to Dr. Jeffrey Gibbs, professor of Exegetical Theology.
- Dr. Dale A. Meyer was awarded President Emeritus status.
- Dr. Jeffrey Oschwald was advanced from associate professor to professor of Exegetical Theology.
- Associate Provost Dr. Benjamin Haupt was advanced from assistant professor to associate professor of Practical Theology.
- Sabbaticals were granted to Dean of Chapel Dr. Kent Burreson for the upcoming fall/Winterim terms, and to Professor of Practical Theology and Dean of Faculty Dr. David Peter for the Winterim/spring terms.
- Associate Professor of Exegetical Theology Dr. Thomas Egger was ratified as department chair, beginning July 1. On May 14, Egger was placed in the Gustav and Sophie Butterbach Chair in Exegetical Theology (previously held by Bartelt).