Numbering 44 full-time members, the Concordia Seminary faculty is known and respected throughout the church for its combination of Biblical, confessional scholarship and experience in applying the truths of God’s Word to people’s lives.
Nearly 80 percent have earned terminal degrees and many others are engaged in advanced study toward the completion of a terminal degree. In addition, the faculty members average more than 11 years of service as pastors, missionaries or chaplains.
Upcoming Faculty Speaking Engagements
- Dr. Dale Meyer, presenter, Best Practices for Ministry Conference, Phoenix, Ariz., Feb. 7-9
- Dr. Reed Lessing, preacher, St. Paul’s Lutheran, West Allis, Wis., Feb. 9-10
- Dr. Reed Lessing, presenter and preacher, Calvary Lutheran, Wray, Colo., Feb. 23-24
- Dr. Leopoldo Sánchez, presenter, 3rd Hispanic Lutheran Theological Consultation, St. Louis, Mo., March 12
- Dr. Leopoldo Sánchez, presenter, Lutheran Services in America Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., April 10
- Dr. David Schmitt, preacher, Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Ind., April 9
- Dr. Reed Lessing, presenter, Lutheran Services in America Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., April 10
- Dr. David Schmitt, presenter, Valparaiso Liturgical Institute, Valparaiso, Ind., April 11-12
- Dr. David Schmitt, presenter, Iowa District West Pastoral Conference, April 15-16
- Dr. Robert Kolb, leader, pastoral conference for the Indiana District, May 6-8
The faculty is organized into four departments. Click one below to learn about the faculty: